Accumulating material possessions has always been an issue of the human heart since the beginning of time.
It has come to a point where we’ve accumulated too much stuff that we no longer know what to do with our things.
And then renting came into the picture. People found a way to make use of the many things they already have at home, with the benefit of earning and saving money in the process.
The first known rental happened in the 1930s when a truck seller rented his truck to a customer who only needed it for a day.
And thus, rental shops emerged and gradually spread around the globe and even evolved to the online rental shops we use today.
If your question is, “Why should I rent? Why don’t I just buy?” We’ve written down 20 reasons that might just convince you to rent.
Why Should I Rent?
1. It’s cheaper to rent than to buy something brand new.
2. And because it is cheaper, renting can help with financial deficiency. For example, if an individual could not afford to buy a house, they should consider renting.
3. Additionally, it gives you the opportunity to experience using expensive and luxurious products that may be difficult to afford.
4. Moreso, renting allows you to save money and can help with your budget planning. Thus, it is considered a frugal practice to rent.
5. When you need something only temporarily, like a tool, a car, a commercial space, and more, we recommend renting.
6. Renting will save you space around the house since the item isn’t yours and will be returned, you wouldn’t have to worry about where to pack it when it is not in use.
7. Less waste is dumped if you choose to rent. About 1,980,262,621 of waste and counting are being dumped worldwide this year.
8. Renting gives you the freedom to try out different hobbies before you truly pursue them. You can rent musical instruments, photography equipment, sports gear, and much more, most of which can be quite costly investments.
9. Maintenance and repairs are not going to be an issue.
10. You don’t have to worry about durability and lifespan either.
11. Renting out your own items will allow for extra income and keep your things from remaining idle at home.
12. It doesn’t just allow for extra income, it will also eventually pay you back and cross over the original value of the product, making it as if you got the item for free, to begin with.
13. Thanks to online rental shops, you can rent at the comfort of your own home and with just the tapping of buttons.
14. Online rental is a big contributor to the sharing economy, which is an important factor to keep in mind since almost everything revolves around the sharing economy these days.
15. If you’re looking to buy something brand new, you might want to review the item first, and renting that item can help you with that. Renting will assist you in deciding whether that particular product is worth purchasing at full price or not.
16. Renting provides you access to a wide collection of media such as books, comics, music, and movies. You can finally read the whole Harry Potter series or watch the whole Matrix trilogy without having to buy them at their standard price.
17. Did you know that renting dogs is a thing? By doing so, you can gauge whether owning one is really for you or if it’s companionship is just something you need occasionally.
18. Thanks to peer-to-peer rentals like Airbnb and VRBO, traveling out of town and finding accommodation elsewhere is made easier.
19. Renting promotes sharing.
20. 43 Million Americans rent, according to a study by Harvard.
Why Should I Use My Garage Rentals?
My Garage Rentals is a neighbor to neighbor online rental shop. Our main focus as a rental company is connecting communities with each other, making renting quicker and more secure.
We also provide a $1,000 guarantee for any unfortunate damages, giving our users the peace of mind knowing that they’re renting with us will be safe.
Unlike other online rental shops, My Garage Rentals doesn’t focus on any specific category of item. You can rent almost anything with us, as long as it’s wholesome and something useful.
Visit www.MyGarageRentals.com and give our services a try. Rent with us today!
On January 30th, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the COVID-19 outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). Since then, public transportation around the world has been restricted to help prevent the spread of the virus. But as we are now entering a new normal, the restrictions are slowly being lifted and public transportation guidelines and regulations are being implemented, allowing citizens to commute again. Despite the lifting of restrictions, many citizens have chosen not to utilize public transportation and instead have decided to purchase their own bicycle. Besides the obvious reason that it’s a good way of transportation, owning a bike during the pandemic holds a lot of benefits. If you’re one of the commuters who are still skeptical about getting a bike for transportation, this article may be just for you. We’ve listed the top 5 reasons you should own a bike during the pandemic.
A study by Zhen Yan, Ph.D., professor of cardiovascular medicine at the University of Virginia, shows that exercise can help in the prevention of the Covid-19 virus. A type of respiratory failure called ARDS or Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome inflames the lungs and leads to a build-up of fluid, preventing oxygen from reaching your organs. ARDS is the cause of death for 3% to 7% of patients infected with the coronavirus. Zhen Yan concluded through his experiment that exercise promotes an antioxidant enzyme called extracellular superoxide dismutase, or EcSOD, that helps keep our lungs safe from damages caused by ARDS.
As you probably already know, biking is an amazing form of exercise. It’s a great way to sweat out a good cardio workout. Biking helps strengthen the muscles in your legs, hips, core, and glutes. That being said, biking is an excellent way to get those antioxidants out into your body and fight away the chances of respiratory failure caused by the virus.
These are hard times and not only are people losing their jobs and getting sick physically, but people are also getting affected mentally. This pandemic has caused most of us to be fearful of catching the virus and fearful of the uncertainties of the future. While a little bit of fear is good in helping us stay careful and aware, too much of it along with anxiety, stress, loneliness and not to mention the boredom of being in lockdown, can lead up to a dangerous level of depression.
Regular exercise has been proven to reduce anxiety and stress, working out produces small neurochemicals called endorphins that create a “high” of happiness in achieving a goal, and that can benefit one’s well-being. A study on exercise in mental health by Sammi Checkroud from Oxford University showed that on average, a person cycling suffered 21% fewer days of poor mental health as compared to a person performing other forms of exercise.
Riding a bike can also be quite therapeutic depending on the environment you’re biking through, riding through an amazing view, and with the cold wind in your face can be a rather calming experience. Biking on your own gives you a chance to think and process things while biking with other people can alleviate loneliness and boredom.
With several countries being in quarantine and on lockdown, traffic has nearly stopped and airline travels have been ceased, resulting in nitrogen levels dropping rapidly and the ozone layer recovering more quickly. Despite all the suffering this pandemic has caused humanity, it has brought drastic positive effects to the environment as well.
While we wait for things to go back to the way it was, it’s good to consider supporting the recovery of the environment. We can help contribute to Mother Nature’s healing with something as simple as owning a bike instead of using gas emission producing vehicles. Do your part and ride a bike now.
Saving money is a major factor in surviving during the pandemic. A lot of people have lost their jobs and businesses, and this has made it obvious that we have to be financially careful and well-prepared. And even if you’re one of the few who haven’t lost their source of income, being that the future is still uncertain, lack of budgeting during these times can be detrimental to your livelihood.
It doesn’t take a genius to know that a bicycle is inexpensive compared to getting a car. It’s also more affordable to purchase a bike than to constantly have to pay for an uber, a taxi, or for a bus ride to your workplace every day. Let’s also point out the fact that you will not have to worry about spending any gas money when owning a bike.
More than just saving money, you can actually make money out of owning one too. At our website at My Garage Rentals, you can have your bike rented out to people who only need it for a short time. You never know when your neighbor might need one quick ride to the grocery. This is an opportunity to take advantage of owning a bike and charging people to rent it out.
My Garage Rentals makes it very simple to post your bikes out for rent. Creating an account is quick and easy, and rather user-friendly. But if you’re the one interested in a bike, you can rent one out yourself; luckily, there is one available for rent right now for only $30 per day! Visit My Garage Rentals today and see all the available items for rent.
These are just some of the many reasons why you should start owning a bike during the pandemic. We haven’t even mentioned the fact that the fun and excitement in riding a bike can really turn things around for anyone during these hard times.
Please tell us what you think about this article. Was the article useful and was it able to help you decide whether or not you should own a bike? Is there some way we can improve in our writing? Send us your feedback and let us know what you think.