February is almost here. Real life after the New Year is getting cemented back in (pun intended). The to do list is being created and/or getting extended. Some have huge projects and some have small.
Whether you are putting up a fence or extending your patio just that little bit, most of us don’t enjoy mixing concrete in a bucket. It is so much easier to use a machine that does the work for you. But renting it from a store will probably cost you around $50 a day. Thankfully you have more contractors who live around and work around you than you realize. My Garage Rentals now puts the world in your hands. You are not limited to renting from the store. It is almost as if you have a good friend who owns one that is going to let you borrow it!! Okay, maybe it is not your good friend, but it is a fellow user of My Garage Rentals. They have one and aren’t using it every day. It just sits at their house on the days they doesn’t use it. So now you can use that one and save. Maybe the owner would even be willing to answer any questions you have to help you out.
If you happen to be one of the few people who has the concrete mixer sitting around, why not earn a few bucks off it. Currently some rental places have them listed for about $50 a day or almost $200 a week. That would not take long to cover the cost of purchasing it. Most people don’t want to do this though because of the size of storing such an item. But you are one of the few that does, and possibly uses it every once in a while. So give it a try.Read More
Guys Night Out
You have got to do it every once in a while. It is good for the soul. Get out to hang with the guys without thinking about your concerns at work or home. But what do you do because you want to make it fun and different? Movies are old and you could do that by yourself. Well maybe it is stereotypical, but cards and poker are always a good choice. And the better the atmosphere the better the time. The lighting, the music, the sounds and every detail counts. So you need the right table. You can’t just play on a round folding table or the kitchen table. You need the poker table.
If you have a man cave, that’s great, but most of us don’t. We just don’t have the room for such a getaway inside our house. So we need to turn one of our existing rooms into the man cave temporarily. So move the couches or the table and chairs to the side (or another room if you can) and make the night count. Put up that poker table. Get out the food and drink. And have a good time.Read More
The New Year has arrived!!
All the craziness of the holidays has come and gone. Now it is time to get back into the swing of things while continuing to stick to your New Year’s Resolution. For everyone of us this means something different. No matter what it is My Garage Rentals can probably help you in some way. Below is a list of some of the most common New Year’s Resolutions and ways in which My Garage Rentals could help you out.
- Lose Weight/Get in Shape: One of the keys to losing weight and staying in shape is to be active. This means finding something you enjoy doing that keeps you moving around. Scroll through My Garage Rentals to come up with ideas. Try different things out until you find what you truly enjoy. This will give you the opportunity to find what gives you the most joy and what you will stick with before going all in on something you haven’t tried before.
- Get Out of Debt: Well, guess what, getting out of debt requires two things: making money and spending less. Make a little money on the side be renting out things you already own. And save money by renting things rather than purchasing them.
- Spend More Time With Family: Want more time to spend with the family? If people aren’t enjoying themselves they are not going to want to hang out. Find something new and different to do by seeing what’s available around you to rent.
- Stop Procrastinating: One of the biggest New Year’s Resolutions around!! Just do it. Now there is one less excuse. If you don’t own something you would have otherwise needed you can still accomplish the task. And the owner can most likely give you some tips and tricks for accomplishing whatever it is you wanted to get done.
- Meet New People: What better way to meet new people than trying new things. You can share and learn from each other. My Garage Rentals allows you to meet people on two fronts. First, when you are renting the item. And second, depending on if it is something social, when you use the item.
- Watch Less TV: The key to watching less TV is to have something else to do. This could be a whole gambit of things from hanging out with people to starting a new hobby, to checking items off your bucket list. Chances are no matter what it is you will be able to find something to keep you busy and trying new things on My Garage Rentals.
- Learn a New Language: Go travel the world. Check out the home country of the language you want to learn. Try living there for a few months. Now you no longer have to purchase everything you need to survive. Try and rent it and give it back when you want to leave. Life just got easier!
- Become More Romantic: Sometimes unique experiences can be the most romantic thing to do. Whether it is star gazing with a high powered telescope showing your significant other the star you named after them or sitting on a quiet lake in a small canoe having a picnic there are all kinds of opportunities everywhere. You just have to spend a few minutes exploring.
We all want that awesome video of ourselves, our family, or our friends living life on the move. Whether that is while we are out skiing, snowboarding, riding snowmobiles, or even just building a snowman technology now days can give us amazingly professional videos with that awesome angle that used to take hours to set up or an entire crew of camera operators to achieve. However, this is not something that everyone wants to invest in. Sure if we all had an extra $1,000 – $2,000 to blow we would love to buy a small drone that could follow us while taking gyro stabilized videos, but we don’t. We would rather spend that money on the experience! Heck, you could almost take a helicopter to the top of a mountain for that price! Well now with My Garage Rentals you can get the best of both worlds!!
To those of you who have the action cameras: Think about it! Maybe you are scared your camera will get hurt or broken and that is understandable. But what if you offered a short lesson on how to use it to get the best videos while taking care of the camera and related equipment? During the time you are not using it you will be making money off of it. How often do you actually use it yourself? Unless you are going on adventures weekly it probably sits around for most of the year. That camera was made to be used. It wants to be used. So give it a try!
To those of you who don’t have a camera: Sure you could buy one and we all tell ourselves we are going to use it everyday, but let’s be real. Most people use it a couple times a year. For the price of buying one you could have the experience yourself and rent the latest camera from someone else. Then next year, when you would realistically use it again, you could rent the newest one and go on a new adventure!
No matter which side you are on, give it a try!!Read More